All information contained within this website is gathered from sources we believe to be reliable. We cannot however guarantee its accuracy and interested parties should make and rely on their own enquiries.
Aussie Property Rentals understands and respects that protection of your personal information is important to you. This document sets out how we collect, use, disclose, retain and manage your privacy information and how we comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Any personal information received by Aussie Property Rentals provided by you (or not provided by you) will be treated in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect your name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number, age or birth date, profession, occupation or job title and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise and information you provide to us through customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
* through your access and use of our website
* by telephone, letter, fax or email
* during conversations between you and our representatives
* by contracting with us
* by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us
* completing surveys or providing feedback
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
* from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities
* your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers)
* your employer
* publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information collected by Aussie Property Rentals will ordinarily be used for the following purposes:
* Assisting you to sell your property.
* Assisting you to purchase a property.
* Assisting you to lease a property (either as lessor or lessee).
* Assisting you to obtain a loan.
* Assisting you with payment or refund of a bond.
* Assisting you with tenancy disputes.
* Coordinating repairs or maintenance to a property owned or leased by you.
* Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other governmental agency.
* Recording or accessing information at the Residential Tenancies Authority.
* Recording or accessing information on tenancy information services or databases.
* Client and business relationship management.
* Marketing of products and services to you.
In order to achieve the purposes described above, we may disclose your personal information to the persons/organisations described below:
* In the event that you are a seller or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers of the property owned or leased by you.
* In the event that you are a buyer or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property you are purchasing or leasing.
* Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction.
* Your financial institution and/or financial advisor.
* Insurance providers and brokers;
* Utility providers and utility connection service providers;
* Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service, including independent contractors engaged by us as real estate agents;
* Tradespeople engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned or leased by you;
* Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems.
* Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business.
* Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations.
* The Titles Registry Office or other government agency.
* The Residential Tenancies Authority.
* Tenancy information services or databases.
* Real estate peak bodies.
* Real estate websites.
We will only use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it was initially collected, or for purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities.
We will not disclose your personal information to government agencies, private sector organisations or any third parties unless one of the following applies:
* You have consented.
* You would reasonably expect, or you have been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies.
* It is otherwise required or authorised by law.
* It is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities conducted by or on behalf of, an enforcement body (e.g. police, ASIC, Immigration Department).
Security of your information
(a) We take reasonable steps to securely store personal details and information. This includes electronic and physical security measures, staff training, use of password protection software. Details of our security systems are available by contacting our Privacy Officer.
(b) When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we will remove or de-identify the personal information as soon as reasonably possible. We may, however, retain personal information for as long as is necessary to comply with any applicable law, for the prevention of fraud, for insurance and governance purposes, in our IT back-up, for the collection of any monies owed and to resolve disputes.
Information is up-to-date
It is important that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can contact us at any time to access or update your personal information or to tell us that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Marketing and opting out
(a) We do not use Sensitive Information for marketing purposes.
(b) If at any time you no longer wish to receive any additional marketing material from us or do not want your information disclosed for direct marketing purposes, contact Aussie Property Rentals and we will remove your details from our marketing database.
(c) If there is a reason under the Privacy Act or other law for us not to provide you with information, we will give you a written notice of refusal setting out the reasons for the refusal except to the extent it would be unreasonable to do so and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal.
(d) You should also contact us immediately if you believe:
* someone has gained access to your personal information;
* we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way; or
Information and Complaints
If you require more information, or have any complaints regarding how Aussie Property Rentals may have collected or used your personal information, you may contact Aussie Property Rentals in any of the following ways:
Mail: Aussie Property Rentals
PO Box 127
Springwood Qld 4127
Phone: 0448 581 338
Fax: (07) 3102 6250
If you consider that we have not adequately dealt with a complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on the below details:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218, SYDNEY NSW 2001
Ph: 1300 363 992